The Friday Brain-teaser from Credo Reference - this week: Winter Olympics. "The Winter Olympic Games are taking place in Vancouver this month. Can you answer these questions about the Winter Olympics? " Answers here.
1. How often are the Winter Olympic Games held?
2. Which British pair of skaters won the Olympic ice dancing title in 1984?
3. Which sport, included for the first time at the Winter Olympics in 1998, involves riding across snow standing on a wide single ski resembling a small surf board?
4. The IOC is responsible for the summer and winter Olympics. What does the abbreviation "IOC" stand for?
5. Were the Winter Olympic Games first held in 1904, 1914 or 1924?
6. Where were the Winter Olympic Games held in 1984?
7. The luge was introduced into the Winter Olympics in 1964. "Luge" is French for what?
8. Name one of the three places where the Winter Olympics have been held twice.
9. How many people are there in a curling team?
10. Which skier, known as "Le Superman" in his native France, won three gold medals in Alpine ski events at Grenoble in 1968?