The Friday Brain-teaser from Credo Reference - this week: Assassinations. Answers here.
1. The assassination of Archduke Ferdinand in 1914 set off a chain of events that led to the start of which war?
2. Which American president was assassinated by John Wilkes Booth in 1865 while attending a performance at Ford's Theatre in Washington, DC?
3. Which Roman dictator was assassinated on the Ides of March, 44 BCE?
4. Lee Harvey Oswald was alleged to have assassinated which American president in 1963?
5. Which Russian revolutionary was assassinated in Mexico City with an ice pick in 1940?
6. Hendrik Frensch Verwoerd was the prime minister of which country when he was assassinated in 1966?
7. French aristocrat Charlotte Corday is remembered as the assassin who stabbed which revolutionary leader in his bath in 1793?
8. What was the name of the eldest son of Indira Gandhi, who became prime minister of India after her assassination in 1984, and was himself assassinated in 1991?
9. Which Egyptian president was assassinated in 1981 - Nasser, Sadat or Mubarak?
10. Which Irish dramatist wrote "Assassination is the extreme form of censorship"?