The Friday Brain-teaser from Credo Reference - this week: Superheroes. Answers here.
1. Which superhero's real name is Bruce Wayne? His assistant is Robin, the Boy Wonder.
2. Which superhero was born on the fictitious planet Krypton and also leads an ordinary life as newspaper reporter Clark Kent?
3. Which comic strip hero is this: his real name is Peter Parker; as a youth he was bitten by a mutant animal; and his costume is a red and blue uniform decorated with black webbing?
4. Which US comic-book superheroine was created in 1941, has a costume suggestive of the star-spangled banner, and is armed with a magic lasso?
5. What does mild-mannered scientist Bruce Banner change into when he is stressed?
6. Which spaceman hero, created in 1934, has a series of adventures on the planet Mongo with his girlfriend, Dale Arden?
7. Which red-suited, tough-muscled superhero of American comics is nicknamed "the Big Red Cheese"? His magic word is "Shazam".
8. Which US children's animation featuring an inept superhero and his streetwise cat was first shown on British television in the mid-1970s?
9. "I Am the Law" is a line associated with which comic-book character?
10. Which actress had her first starring role as the superhero Storm in "X-Men" (2000)?