The Friday Brain-teaser from Credo Reference - this week: Seven. Answers here.
Some people think that the number seven has mystical powers. See if you can solve the mysteries in these questions, which are all connected with the number seven:
1. What is the meaning of the phrase "twenty-four-seven"?
2. Name the television Science fiction serial with "7" in its title, which followed the fortunes of a band of freedom fighters against the Terran Foundation.
3. Who wrote "One man in his time plays many parts, His acts being seven ages"?
4. In the 1995 film "Seven", which actors played the two detectives on the track of a serial killer?
5. Which ancient city was built on seven hills, including the Palatine and the Capitoline?
6. Name five of the Seven Dwarfs in the Walt Disney film "Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs" (1937).
7. What is the usual phrase used to describe the sins of pride, covetousness, lust, anger, gluttony, envy and sloth?
8. What is the word for any of seven children or animals born at one birth to the same mother?
9. What is the phrase for a tendency towards infidelity, said to set in after about seven years of marriage, which was popularized by George Axelrod's 1952 comedy of this name, and made into a film (1955), in which a married man has a fling with the girl upstairs?
10. The "G7" or "Group of Seven" was formed in the 1970s to include the seven leading industrialized countries. Can you name six of them?