The Friday Brain-teaser from Credo Reference - this week: The Guitar. Answers here.
1. What is the meaning of "air guitar"?
2. How many strings does a bass guitar usually have: four, six or twelve?
3. Who played rhythm guitar in the Beatles?
4. What is the name of the small flat implement of metal, plastic, horn, etc. used for plucking the strings of a guitar?
5. On a guitar, what are "frets"?
6. Flamenco is a vivacious style of guitar music. Is it originally Spanish, Portuguese or French?
7. Who wrote the guitar concerto known as "Concierto de Aranjuez"?
8. When talking about guitars, what is a "machine head"?
9. Which guitarist did more than anyone else to create modern jazz guitar-playing; recorded "Seven Come Eleven" and "Solo Flight" with Benny Goodman; and died in 1942 at the age of 25?
10. What makes the dobro different from other guitars?