The Friday Brain-teaser from Credo Reference - this week: Green. Answers here.
1. In the USA, what is a "greenback"?
2. In a theatre, television studio, etc., what is a "green room"?
3. What is the meaning of the saying "The grass is always greener on the other side"?
4. The colour green lies between which two colours on the colour spectrum?
5. Which composer used the tune "Greensleeves" in his opera "Sir John in Love" and his "Fantasia on Greensleeves"?
6. Which environmental organisation, founded in Canada in 1971, had its ship the "Rainbow Warrior" sunk in Auckland harbour in 1985?
7. Which board game includes a character called Reverend Green or Mister Green (in North America)?
8. Which US soul singer and songwriter, whose surname is Green, was made widely popular by his hit "Tired of Being Alone" in 1971?
9. What did Shakespeare call "the green-eyed monster"?
10. Which state in the USA is nicknamed the "Green Mountain State"?