The Friday Brain-teaser from Credo Reference - this week: General Knowledge. Answers here.
1. What kind of people would display the flag called the Jolly Roger?
2. Who did John Lennon (of the Beatles) marry in 1969?
3. Who gave the Gettysburg Address in 1863, which ended by describing democracy as "government of the people, by the people, and for the people"?
4. "Matelot" is a French word for what?
5. Who was Liza Minnelli's mother?
6. Which part of the body can be affected by glaucoma?
7. In which French city was a famous 24-hour sports car race established in 1923?
8. What was the title of P. C. Wren's famous 1924 novel about the French Foreign Legion?
9. Is La Paz the capital of Argentina, Bolivia or Uruguay?
10. How many litres of wine can a magnum contain?