The Friday Brain-teaser from Xrefer - this week: Black Firsts. Answers here.
1. Who gave the famous "I Have a Dream" speech at a demonstration in Washington on August 28, 1963?
2. What is the nickname of golfer Eldrick Woods, who in July 2000 became the youngest player to complete golf's career grand slam?
3. In 1969, who was the first black entertainer to sleep in the White House?
4. In 2002, who was voted the best female actor for the 2001 film "Monster's Ball" at the 74th Academy Awards, becoming the first black woman to win the award?
5. Who was the first black African to become secretary general of the United Nations?
6. In 1955, Dorothy Dandridge was the first black woman nominated for an Academy Award in a leading role - for her portrayal of Carmen in which film?
7. Who became the first president of the United Republic of Tanzania?
8. Name the woman who, in 1955, was jailed for refusing to give up her seat on a city bus to a white passenger, leading to the 381-day Montgomery bus boycott.
9. Which tennis player was the first black named to the American Davis Cup team and, in 1975, the first black man to win a singles title at Wimbledon?
10. In 1986, who became the first black woman to host a nationally syndicated weekday talk show on American television?