The Friday Brain-teaser from Xrefer - this week: Special Days. Answers here.
1. St George's Day (April 23) is assumed to be the date of the birth in 1564 of which famous British writer - and also of his death in 1616?
2. Is Halloween on the last day of August, September or October?
3. Is St Stephen's Day December 24, December 26 or December 31?
4. Which novel by James Joyce describes the events of single day in Dublin which is known as "Bloomsday"?
5. In the northern hemisphere, the Vernal Equinox marks the start of which season of the year?
6. In the United States, December 7 is remembered as the anniversary of a bombing raid which took place where in 1941?
7. An award ceremony takes place every year in Stockholm on December 10, funded by money from the will of which Swedish inventor?
8. What name is given to the second Sunday in May which Anna M. Jarvis of Philadelphia suggested to honour her mother who had died on May 9, 1906?
9. On which day of the year do the French try to pin a paper fish on someone's back without getting caught?
10. Which artist invented Sadie Hawkins Day (usually the first Saturday in November) in his comic strip "L'il Abner"?