The Friday Brain-teaser from Xrefer - this week: Musical Instruments. Answers here.
1. Louis Armstrong, Dizzy Gillespie and Miles Davis were all famous for playing which musical instrument?
2. Does a bass guitar usually have four, five or six strings?
3. The Moog synthesiser is named after a man called Robert Arthur Moog. Is this true or false?
4. Yehudi Menuhin was famous for playing which instrument?
5. Which musical instrument can be defined as "A percussion instrument resembling a shallow one-headed drum with loose metallic discs at the sides"? It is held in the hand and played by shaking, striking with the hand, or rubbing with the thumb.
6. The piccolo is a small, high-pitched type of which instrument?
7. Which musical instrument might be defined as a "three-cornered metal-framed percussion instrument, struck with a metal stick?"
8. Which Italian plural word is used for a set of kettledrums?
9. "Hautboy" is an old-fashioned word for which musical instrument?
10. The saxophone was invented by Adolphe Sax. What nationality was he?