Featured Link

Featured Link: World Book Trade (e-books, awards, videos)

Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Richmond Walking & Book Festival 2009 (UK)

Richmond Walking & Book Festival 2009 (UK)The Richmond Walking & Book Festival 2009 takes place 25 September to 4 October 2009. Writer Peter Robinson is the Patron. He writes: "I was pleased when Festival Coordinator Gillian Howells asked if I would be the Patron of Richmond Walking and Book Festival because I am passionate about both books and the dales. I have known these northern dales from my childhood and have recently come to live in Richmond although my main home is still in Canada. Some festival goers may know that this is the area where I set my Inspector Banks novels and although Eastvale is my creation, Richmond does exist. This beautiful market town in Swaledale is a great place to live, work and play. Our friendly festival offers visitors a chance to experience its many attractions whilst engaging in activities and events that are good for the body, intellect and soul. Once again there's an excellent choice of events. I'll be talking to fellow crime writers Ruth Rendell and Ian Rankin - and reading whilst Eliza Carthy plays. There's music, films, slideshows, literary lunches, historical strolls and theatre. The award winning North Country Theatre will be telling the story of the Home on the Range - women who walked the 2000 mile Oregon trail. The festival walks are somewhat more modest - so have a good read through the brochure and book your tickets. I'll be around all week and look forward to meeting you"

No comments: