The Friday Brain-teaser from Credo Reference - this week: Sports. Answers here.
1. In tennis (or lawn tennis), what is it called when there is a score of 40 on both sides?
2. Were the 1992 summer Olympic Games held in Barcelona, Athens or Seoul?
3. The "Grand Prix d'Endurance" is a motor race at Le Mans. For how long does each race last?
4. Name the object which is hit back and forth between players in the game of badminton.
5. The Ryder Cup is a trophy awarded in which sport?
6. In the old scoring system for table tennis, the winner is the first player to score how many points (while leading by at least two points)?
7. In which athletic sport do men throw a sphere that weights 16 pounds (7.26 kg.)?
8. How many people are there in a normal baseball team: seven, eight or nine?
9. In the steeplechase called the Grand National, how many fences do the competitors have to negotiate: 25, 30 or 36?
10. In which sport can you find a free throw lane and a backboard?