The Friday Brain-teaser from Credo Reference - this week: Weather. Answers here.
1. Does thunder precede or follow a flash of lightning?
2. What was the name of the hurricane which devastated the city of New Orleans in 2005?
3. Smog is a mixture of which two substances?
4. Is a "northeaster" a wind blowing to the northeast or from the northeast?
5. Who danced in puddles in the 1952 film musical "Singin' in the Rain"?
6. What phrase is used to describe a technique for producing rain by dropping chemicals or small objects into clouds?
7. In which country does the wind called the "mistral" mainly blow?
8. What does a barometer measure?
9. "SAD" is an abbreviation for mental depression apparently linked to the seasonally changing amount of light during autumn and winter. What does "SAD" stand for?
10. The Fujita scale or F-scale is the standard scale for measuring the severity of which weather phenomenon?